[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] RFR JDK-8067059, , PrinterJob.pageDialog() with DialogSelectionType.NATIVE returns a PageFormat when cancelled.

Jennifer Godinez jennifer.godinez at oracle.com
Mon Nov 16 18:00:23 UTC 2015

Looks good. Approved.

Jennifer
----- Original Message -----
From: prasanta.sadhukhan at oracle.com
To: philip.race at oracle.com
Cc: 2d-dev at openjdk.java.net, rajeev.chamyal at oracle.com
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 3:36:15 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] RFR JDK-8067059, , PrinterJob.pageDialog() with DialogSelectionType.NATIVE returns a PageFormat when cancelled.

Thanks Phil. I was indeed relying on non-presence of equals method in PageFormat.

I have modified the webrev to use equality. Can you please review ?
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/8067059/webrev.01/

Regards
Prasanta

On 11/13/2015 11:35 AM, Philip Race wrote:

On 11/12/15, 9:52 PM, prasanta sadhukhan wrote:

Hi Phil,

On 11/13/2015 12:05 AM, Philip Race wrote:

Shouldn't this use reference equality ?
It seems Object.java equals() method does == anyways and it seems it always better to call equals() than to explicitly check for ==
Is it not correct? If it is not, I will change it.

You are relying on PageFormat not over-riding equals.
It could do so and then the intent of your equals call would be broken
in the case that updates to the dialog resulted in a new PageFormat
but with the equal fieids.

-phil.

Also the test does a number of wild card imports instead of
the specific classes it needs. And I am not sure why it
is importing java.awt.* anyway ..

And I find qualifying "java.lang.String" to be unnecessary.
will update the test.

Regards
Prasanta

-phil.