[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8076545 Text size is twice bigger under Windows L&F on Win 8.1 with HiDPI display

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Mon Nov 16 21:43:05 UTC 2015

Note that LOGPIXELSY is global and static between reboots so it doesn't
really matter which monitor is used to get the value.

Also, the issue is that the measurements are in pixels, so if we convert
them into a resolution independent measurement then the rest of the
scaling in the AWT/2D will be correct regardless of any given monitor's
resolution.  We just have to make sure the "de-pixelization" of the
measurement is an apples-to-apples calculation.

The question in my mind is whether the values they get from GetTheme*()
and SPI_GETNONCLIENTMETRICS are relative to LOGPIXELSY, or the more
recent Per-Monitor aware DPI APIs, or ...?  It would be interesting to
see what happens to those values when you change the DPI settings on
Windows 8.1 and not reboot.  If they stay constant until you reboot then
LOGPIXELSY on the main screen would be the value to use to de-scale them...

			...jim