[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review Request for JDK-8153363: Redundant check for number of components in PackedColorModel.equals() method

Jayathirth D V jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com
Mon Apr 4 15:35:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

Please review the following fix in JDK9:

Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8153363

Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/8153363/webrev.00/

Issue : We have redundant check for equality of number of components in PackedColorModel.

Solution : Number of components equality is verified in Parent class(ColorModel) and we call super.equals(), no need for checking the equality again.

JCK test "api/java_awt/Image/PackedColorModel/equalsTests.java" verifies equals() method so added noreg-jck label in bug.

Thanks,

Jay