[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8047931: Remove unused medialib code

Vadim Pakhnushev vadim.pakhnushev at oracle.com
Mon Apr 25 17:13:10 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Please review this cleanup fix:

While investigating unused files in the sparc build, it was found that
there are a lot of unused code in the medialib.
So without further ado, here's the whopping 35000 lines removal webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vadim/8047931/webrev.00/

At least on Windows, it reduced the size of the mlib_image.dll by almost
180KB from 663KB to 486KB and shortened the build by 3 minutes on my i5.
It was tested with the JPRT build on all platforms.

Some notes in order of the files in the webrev:

Awt2dLibraries.gmk
Deleted removed files from the sparc exclude list.

mlib_ImageAffine.c
Main entry point mlib_ImageAffine always pass NULL as a colormap to the
mlib_ImageAffine_alltypes.
This is basically a starting point for the majority of removal which
leads to removal of colormap parameters of several other functions and
elimination of several if (colormap != NULL) blocks.
Which in turn leads to removal of function pointer arrays such as
mlib_AffineFunArr_bl_i and mlib_AffineFunArr_bc_i.

mlib_ImageAffine.h
Removed colormap parameters and related declarations.

mlib_ImageAffineEdge.c
Removed parts of the code in the mlib_ImageAffineEdge* functions related
to the colormaps.

mlib_ImageConv*
mlib_v_ImageConv*
Removed 2x2 through 7x7 convolution functions as we only use NxM ones.

mlib_image_proto.h
Basically removed all functions with a colormap parameter.

mlib_v_ImageAffine*
Removed sparc implementations of unused mlib_ImageAffine* functions.

Thanks,
Vadim