[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] PostScript PrintJob LANDSCAPE computes wrong value for getStringBounds

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Tue Dec 20 22:34:46 UTC 2016

There is also https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8139178
The problem there sounds like mixing up horizontal and vertical under
rotation.
But yours (if I read you correctly) is more that the advances are off by
a little.

I think 8159061
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8159061?jql=labels%20%3D%20jdk-port>
should be re-opened for examination since a binary built
from standard OpenJDK source reproduces this on a current O/S (Ubuntu 16.04)

I used OpenJDK 8 GA (very old) and current OpenJDK 9

-phil.