[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Review Request for JDK-8139183 : drawImage misses background's alpha channel

Jayathirth D V jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com
Wed Mar 2 11:31:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

Please review the following fix in JDK9:

Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8139183

Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/8139183/webrev.00/

Issue : When we scale any buffered image using drawImage() API which takes scale coordinates we are losing alpha channel in background color.

Root cause : We are creating opaque temporary image when we have background color and scale is happening in renderImageXform() API of DrawImage.java. By making it opaque we are losing translucency.

Solution : Instead of creating opaque RGB temporary image use ARGB temporary image to maintain translucency of image.

Thanks,

Jay