[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] Review request for 8151303 [macosx] [hidpi] JButton's low-res. icon is visible when clicking on it

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Fri May 13 22:50:14 UTC 2016

That looks very tight.  The only issue I'd have is that it would be better if this could be done with non-public API for
now - the map() methods could live on one of the sun.awt.image classes or even in a Swing implementation utility class
and still work just fine.  When we have more time to figure out how we're going to handle filtering of MRIs in general
we can decide if this API should live on the base MRI interface.

The only thing we'd lose is BaseMRI having an optimized implementation of the map() method, but I don't think it's
implementation represents enough of an optimization to matter when we are creating and loading dozens of images...

			...jim