[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] RFR JDK-6842011: StackOverflowError printing landscape with scale and transform

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Mon May 23 22:33:37 UTC 2016

Though, they are likely to think this API is doing that.  We have a
visibility problem here to make sure that any work going forward is more
likely to see the new method and ignore this one.  I don't think we'll
win there on naming alone, but we can make the javadocs look very
intimidating so if they are using completion they may get scared and
hopefully see the other method before they just accept the completion.
Perhaps we can try to make the alphabetic sorting have the new methods
appear first in the list?

In FX we were smart and went with very dry "getMxy()" style names that
won't attract attention...

			...jim