[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Fix for JDK-8139192 : Custom ImageFilters return blank images in Java 8(.45) while working in 7

Jim Graham james.graham at oracle.com
Fri May 27 23:11:15 UTC 2016

That looks good, but I wonder if it should catch all exceptions instead of just NPE.  Historically we were only catching
NPE before we added the call to STATICIMAGEDONE, and the current filter in question turns out to throw an NPE, but if a
filter that was commonly used with offscreen images was not expecting the STATICIMAGEDONE as was this WaterFilter, then
they could potentially throw a wider variety of exceptions.

I'm good with NPE since that is the only case we've seen, but I'd also be good with changing line 192 to catch all
exceptions.  Phil?

			...jim