[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] Review Request: 8146042 Offscreen rendering is different from onscreen one

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Fri Sep 9 13:55:12 UTC 2016

On 9/9/2016 4:08 PM, Vadim Pakhnushev wrote:

>>> Alas, the issue is still there even with the latest driver:
>>> https://i.imgur.com/1kXVbaI.png
>> I definitely cannot reproduce this picture on my system. Maybe it
>> take place for old Intel cards only. HD 3000 is  5+ years old and
>> probably it does not fully support Windows 7 d3d. HD graphics
>> declares support for dx11 starting from HD4000.
>> This bug and all related were resolved by disabling d3d for all Intel
>> video cards. We could at least to defer those bugs and disable d3d in
>> a separate bug as a temp solution. We are forgetting about Intel d3d
>> forever?
>> Its a pity, because Intel APUs as main graphics card are rather
>> popular. Ultrabooks rarely have discrete video.
>
> We had a lot of reports on HD4000 as well, listed as duplicates of
> 803944.
> DX11 support is not relevant here at all since we are only use DX9.
>
> Since your fix explicitly checks for Intel hardware, it doesn't make
> any sense to use it without unblocking them.
> Moreover, I can't see how this bug (8146042) can be reproduced without
> modified build which unblocks Intel hardware.
This may be explained. D3D on Intel was disabled in April while this bug
fix was published in January. Before it was rather annoying. But it
seems 803944 fix has resolved all all such issues for all Intel cards at
once. And I have lost possibility to reproduce d3d related issues
because I have no discrete card and even an option to force d3d is not
provided.

--Semyon