[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] RFR JDK-8165947: One more page printed before the test page with OpenJDK.

Prasanta Sadhukhan prasanta.sadhukhan at oracle.com
Fri Sep 16 10:21:50 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Please review a fix for a tck failure in jdk9 whereby "banner page"
(cover page) is printed by default when print() is called directly
without any print dialog being shown.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psadhukhan/8165947/webrev.00/

Issue was in RasterPrinterJob, "noJobSheet" variable was set to false
which when passed to PSPrinterJob#printExecCmd(), it results in adding
"-o job-sheets=standard" to lpr command and
therefore, Banner page was getting printed by default.
Proposed fix is to check for defaultAttributeValue for JobSheets
attribute so that we can find what is the default value reported by
underlying platform and set "noJobSheet" value to default jobsheet
native value
(like CUPS report job-sheet=none so that no banner page is to be printed
by default even though it supports jobsheet)

I tested "6575247:Banner checkbox in PrinterJob print dialog doesn't
work" testcase in windows, solaris, linux and it works as expected.

JCK test api/javax_swing/interactive/PrintTest.html#PrintTest via command
"/jdk-9/bin/java -showversion
-Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif.MotifLookAndFeel -cp
/root/jck/JCK-runtime-9/classes:
-Djava.security.policy=/root/jck/JCK-runtime-9/lib/jck.policy
javasoft.sqe.tests.api.java.awt.interactive.PrintTest
-platform.hasPrinter true -TestCaseID ALL"
also works ie no banner page is printed by default.

Regards
Prasanta