[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [10] JDK-8169044: The tray icon color is not green

Sergey Bylokhov sergey.bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Aug 18 23:24:52 UTC 2017

Hi, Shashi.
The config event is auto-generated during the build:
/support/gensrc/java.desktop/sun/awt/X11/XConfigureEvent.java
Can you please check that the size which we get from the native is properly scaled, also make sure that the native size is not "leaked" outside of the peer(for example via getBounds() method), or atleast it will be expected by the caller.

----- shashidhara.veerabhadraiah at oracle.com wrote:
> RE: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [10] JDK-8169044: The tray icon color is not green

Hi Sergey, I have updated the Webrev. Please review this:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pkbalakr/shashi/8169044/webrev.01/

I have made the code updates uniform in the file to take the ' scaled ' size of the icon instead of the ' hardcoded ' size earlier.

Another point is that am not able to find the source code for the XConfigureEvent( which captures the window configuration attributes of the tray icon window in this case ) and hence am not sure about the configuration of the XWindow configuratio n response ( of the tray icon ) is scaled or not. If it i s not scaled it may require updates for the metacity window manager specific code to adjust the window configuration of the tray icon ( because metacity WM provides rectangular window instead of a square w in dow ) .

Thanks and regards,

Shashi