[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <Swing Dev> RFR: 8189809: Large performance regression in Swing text layout.

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Mon Dec 11 22:12:21 UTC 2017

Hi, Phil.
The new code will calculate the logical bounds this way:
     541 new Rectangle2D.Float(0f, ascent, width, height);
But previously it was:
     2613 new Rectangle2D.Float(0, -tl.getAscent(),   tl.getAdvance(),
     2614                       tl.getAscent() + tl.getDescent() +
     2615                       tl.getLeading());

Note that the second parameter is negative, is it intentionally changed?

--
Best regards, Sergey.