[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [9] RFR: JDK-8167278: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when calling ImageIO.read(InputStream) with RLE4 BMP

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Jan 23 20:35:40 UTC 2017

I just noticed something. The bug report says :-

 > However, I have a public web application that allows users to upload
images,
 > and I was surprised to find a failure caused by an unexpected
 > ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when a user uploaded an
apparently-valid RLE4 BMP file.
 > The attached code contains this BMP file, as a byte array.

This means the submitter of this bug report almost certainly does not
own this image !
So we cannot include it in the test to be checked in no matter how encoded.

Thus you will need to create your own RLE4 encoded BMP.
If you can't do that then we won't be able to check in a test.

-phil.