[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <Swing Dev> [9] Review Request: 8180326 Update the tables in java.desktop to be HTML-5 friendly

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed May 17 18:58:53 UTC 2017

And PS I was not saying anything to contradict
 > tables should not have a summary attribute and should have a caption.

However that the docs I read on the web did seem to imply that
summary was very much intended for ATs but it was not at all clear this
is the point of caption. I'm sure they can read it, but I don't get how
making
it visible matters to them so how it making it visible relates to
accessibility
requirements is not an obvious connection to me. So why do we have
to make it visible for ATs ?

-phil.