[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [10] Review Request JDK - 8164811 : [hidpi]Tests fail with OpenGL Rendering

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Fri Nov 3 19:53:25 UTC 2017

Adding new API to BufferedImage was definitely NOT the way to approach this.
Adding new public API we need to support forever to fix an internal
implementation bug
on one platform in a very atypical scenario is the wrong trade-off.

And anyway as Sergey said BI should have no dependency or relationship
on a BI

TranslucentWindowPainter already had the GraphicsConfiguration anyway so it does not seem necessary
and you seem to be more along the right lines with this fix but I'd like to try it ..

Couple of questions :
Why are none of the failing tests referenced with an updated reg-test @bug tag to indicate this
fix corrects them ?

You say it is observable with GDI .. the bug report refers only to OpenGL.
So is it both ?

If so you don't need to enable the flaky OGL pipeline to verify this .. but then
I am left puzzled since Intel cards don't use D3D so I'd expect more reports.

So does it reproduce with just
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

??

-phil.