[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFC: Fix for JDK-8188030

Mario Torre neugens at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 18:11:23 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Phil Race <philip.race at oracle.com> wrote:
> Sorry .. but there may be more work needed on 8 that I forgot about.
> But its for Oracle JDK to account for the fact that CFF fonts are still
> being excluded there.
>
> In a nutshell .. if we end up with zero fonts as a result .. just add the
> Oracle JDK's Lucida Sans
> as slot 0 font so that there is SOMETHING.

Right, makes sense.

> However I know you can't test this .. since you don't have that font.
>
> So if you'd prefer to stick to what you can test I'd quite understand and
> we'd handle that part separately.

I can't test that properly but I can simulate it by artificially
setting isOpenJDK false somewhere before the CFF check, this will
bring back the zero font bug again, then just add some random font I
have locally.

What's the exact name for the font I need to use exactly in the 0
slot? I can prepare the patch then let you test it in full on your
side. We're shipping the fix in our local RPM so I'm not in a rush to
push the fix, I rather prefer this is done properly.

Cheers,
Mario