[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR JDK-8184429: Path clipper added in Marlin2D & MarlinFX 0.8.0

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Thu Nov 16 06:35:12 UTC 2017

On 15/11/2017 00:50, Laurent Bourgès wrote:
> Good idea but it can not work:
> - I use specific a system property to enable/disable Marlin clipping
> support at runtime
> - it is by nature not thread safe !

You can generate a number of images using a few threads when the flag is
on then switch it off and compares results. The test should not draw
different(on/off) modes in parallel but it can draw the images for the
same mode.

> Maybe I could use new RenderingHints but for now these are not given by
> SunGraphics2d to Marlin.
> Moreover I would like having the rendering hint Quality/Speed in order
> to let Marlin be faster but less accurate.
>
> Finally I will minimize the number of stroker tests: use only 1 stroke
> width (=5px) and that should be enough to stay below timeout (2mins).

Note that the test can be run on some slow/virtual systems, it would be
good to have some additional time.

> Is there any documentation about jtreg tags ?

You can find it here:
http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/tag-spec.html

--
Best regards, Sergey.