[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [11] RFR JDK-6574555: PNGImageWriter incorrectly sets bKGD chunk

Jayathirth D V jayathirth.d.v at oracle.com
Wed Apr 11 10:51:18 UTC 2018

Hello All,

Please review the following fix in JDK11 :

Bug : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6574555

Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jdv/6574555/webrev.00/

Issue: PNGImageWriter. write_bKGD() function sets incorrect R, G, B value when IHDR colortype and bKGD colortype is PNG_COLOR_RGB(A).

Solution: Assign values to all channels of RGB as they are present in Metadata instead of using only bKGD red value.

Note : Our default metadata doesn't set any bKGD chunk but if user specifies bKGD chunk and uses mergeTree() then we check bKGD  R, G, B values and if r == g == b then we store bKGD chunk as of type PNG_COLOR_GRAY.

Thanks,

Jay