[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [12] Review request for 8201818: [macosx] Printing attributes break page size set via "java.awt.print.Book" object

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Aug 20 23:37:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

The fix looks reasonable.
But we've touched the code being touched here quite recently and the history
there shows that this can be tricky to get right :
8167102: [macosx] PrintRequestAttributeSet breaks page size set using
PageFormat
caused
8181192: [macos] javafx.print.PrinterJob.showPrintDialog() hangs on macOS
so then we had
8181659: Create an alternative fix for JDK-8167102, whose fix was backed out

Is this new bug a regression caused by the previous fix ?
Have you verified the previous fix is still functional ?
What tests have been run ?
Can you make sure this works in the cases of
a) no dialog
b) swing dialog
c) native dialog.

-phil.