[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [12] JDK-8212202: NPE in the print tests after JDK-8153732

Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah shashidhara.veerabhadraiah at oracle.com
Tue Dec 4 15:20:54 UTC 2018

Hi Sergey, It is true that if there are no printers connected to the system we should be getting the exception but all of windows system at least contains 'Fax', 'Microsoft print to PDF' as default printers in the printers list. Ideally it is true that a null return case must have been handled.
So I simulated this effect by setting cReturned to zero causing a NPE to trigger with the old code and then applied the fix and found that there is no NPE anymore.

Thanks and regards,
Shashi