[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [12] RFR JDK-8212116: IIOException "tEXt chunk length is not proper" on opening png file"

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Fri Dec 7 07:42:59 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am sympathetic to those who are affected, but all these questions are
putting us in an impossible position
since you are asking the wrong people. The development engineers are not
the 11u maintainers.
Someone who is in a position to sponsor the change needs to ask  the 11u
maintainers if they will accept a request
So I cannot do that on your behalf. If they say yes, then that someone
who asked then needs to fix it.

But 11.0.2 is baked. So I don't want to get your hopes up for that.

And not that it applies to contributors such as you, I need to point out
so others understand that these email
lists are for people creating fixes for the main jdk development line,
and not any kind of support channel.
We love getting bug reports, and even better, contributed fixes, but it
is all for the main development line, not for older trains.

-phil.