[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [12] RFR JDK-8212116: IIOException "tEXt chunk length is not proper" on opening png file"

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:02:17 UTC 2018

[Resending, because my first mail to2d-dev was blocked with "550
Denied by policy"]

Hi Phil,

I've increased the priority of the issue to P2, because it is a
serious regression which breaks many applications. And I've requested
a backport to 11u as described in the OpenJDK Updates Project push
approval process document [1].

And you're totally right - people must finally understand the
difference between Oracle- and OpenJDK and why it is so important to
have downstream distributions like https://sapmachine.io . We will
definitely put this fix into our 11.0.2 release :)

Regards,
Volker

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk-updates/approval.html