[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: JDK-8215217: OpenJDK Source Has Too Many Swear Words

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Tue Dec 11 17:44:36 UTC 2018

1) Thanks for uploading the webrev. much better for one person to do
this than make
everyone who wants to look at it go through a tedious and off-putting
set of steps.

2) I've added some client lists since you are touching UI client files,
not just core-libs.
    To me the client ones look OK, one looks more like it was a typo
than anything intentional,
    and the other was pretty mild.

3) Regarding the comment in the bug report about hb-private.hh and the
use of
/* CRAP pool: Common Region for Access Protection. */
since it not only is in an upstream library, but also used 14 times in
variable names,
then I can't possibly agree with your comment that an argument for
leaving them
would be "shaky". Take this up with the upstream library ... I have no
interest in
renaming these every time we upgrade this library.

-phil.