[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Availability of Lucida fonts with OpenJDK 11

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Thu Dec 27 04:52:33 UTC 2018

The fonts that shipped with JDK may be have been reshipped by B&H to
other customers
but there were many things done custom for JDK, and particularly for
Lucida Sans.
A lot depends on what you depend on but I think the only way to guarantee
equivalence is to go ask B&H directly for a license for the *exact* same
fonts as licensed
to Oracle JDK. A 3rd party would be unlikely to know what the JDK fonts
contain.
Asking your customers to do this would be your decision .. but I think
shipping
with your product would be better than that if terms can be agreed.

-phil.