[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8193017: Import freetype sources into OpenJDK source tree

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Sat Mar 10 16:35:00 UTC 2018

This is a tricky one. Since Oracle no longer ships 32 bit JDKs for any
platform for the new releases, then there aren't resources or effort being
put into making sure it still builds. Our build systems might still
support it, but for how long?
It might effectively have to become a "port" that someone outside will
step up to maintain.
Not as different as AIX .. or as much effort perhaps .. but if someone
will do that I expect patches would not be refused.

-phil.