[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Question about splashscreen lib

Adam Farley8 adam.farley at uk.ibm.com
Wed May 30 11:16:39 UTC 2018

Thanks Philip.

The whole thing with PNG_DLL_EXPORT not being defined in png.h or png.c is
still confusing to me
(pngpriv defines it), especially since png.h ends up using it
post-pre-processing, but I don't know if
that would bother people outside the minority that inspect the
pre-processed code.

I'll leave this here as a thought for any committer bothered by this,
though I won't be pushing it.

---- png.h ----
+ #ifndef PNG_DLL_EXPORT
+ #define PNG_DLL_EXPORT
+ #endif

Best Regards

Adam Farley

Philip Race <philip.race at oracle.com> wrote on 29/05/2018 14:23:21:

> From: Philip Race <philip.race at oracle.com>
> To: Adam Farley8 <adam.farley at uk.ibm.com>
> Cc: 2d-dev <2d-dev at openjdk.java.net>
> Date: 29/05/2018 14:23
> Subject: Re: [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] Question about splashscreen lib
>
> So far as I can see it does, just indirectly.
> png.c includes pngpriv.h which includes png.h
>
> Not including the declarations of the exported API in the file that
> defines them would be a problem waiting to happen.
>
> -phil.
>
> On 5/29/18, 3:54 AM, Adam Farley8 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know why png.c does not include png.h?
>
> This tripped me up recently, and I don't understand why png.c would
> not include png.h.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Adam Farley
>
> Unless stated otherwise above: