[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] <AWT Dev> [12] RFR JDK-8176556: java/awt/dnd/ImageTransferTest/ImageTransferTest.java fails for JFIF

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Thu Nov 8 19:11:18 UTC 2018

Hi, Jay.
So you leaved the code which checks the full color including alpha, but
the source image does not have an alpha so the check for alpha is not strictly necessary.
May be we can use RGB only for JPEG and for all others we can use ARGB?

BTW Looking at this test I assume that it was expected that jpeg/gif images might be changed during DND operation,
  - so maybe DND of the argb image using jpeg format should drop the alpha channel?
  - or it should be somehow be reported as unsupported?
instead of thrown exception somewhere in DND code?

--
Best regards, Sergey.