[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR 8218854: FontMetrics.getMaxAdvance may be less than the maximum FontMetrics.charWidth

Martin Balao mbalao at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 18:47:25 UTC 2019

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your feedback.

I proposed the font in the test case because it's licensed under GNU
Affero General Public License, Version 3 (AGPL) with an exemption [2].
My understanding was that we were able to ship it. Anyways, I removed
the font and use system installed fonts. On newer Linux distributions,
Z003 font should be available anyways.

Comment added explaining that bold value comes from freetype 2.6 and is
valid at least up to 2.9.1.

I was not sure if applying the OBLIQUE_MODIFIER changes as part of this
ticket. Done.

Line lengths adjusted to not exceed 80 chars.

freetypeScaler.c copyright date updated.

Webrev 01:

 * http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbalao/webrevs/8218854/8218854.webrev.01/
 * http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbalao/webrevs/8218854/8218854.webrev.01.zip

Are we good to go?