[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [14] RFR JDK-8232634: [TEST_BUG] ICMColorDataTest runs for a long time

Alexey Ivanov alexey.ivanov at oracle.com
Wed Oct 23 22:32:06 UTC 2019

On 23/10/2019 17:54, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> On 10/22/19 6:09 am, Alexey Ivanov wrote:
>>> Then, isn't it is a product bug on windows rather than a test issue?
>>
>> That it runs for a long time? It's hard to say… The test has always
>> been slower on Windows.
>
> Then probably we can exclude windows 32bit by the jtreg tag? And
> continue to
> test other platforms that they work properly and fast.

I'm confused now. Why would we exclude 32-bit Windows? It is the only
platform where the original bug could be reproduced and where OOME or
NPE is thrown in the test. With 64-bit platforms, it's nearly impossible
to exhaust native memory to the state where OOME or NPE is thrown. It's
the reason why the unmodified test takes too long on 64-bit Windows.

> But it will be good to check why it is so slow, probably our native code
> compiled using wrong flags?

Yeah, probably it makes sense to investigate where the most time is
spent on Windows.

--
Regards,
Alexey