[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] [14] RFR JDK-8232634: [TEST_BUG] ICMColorDataTest runs for a long time

Alexey Ivanov alexey.ivanov at oracle.com
Fri Oct 25 17:39:55 UTC 2019

On 24/10/2019 08:48, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> On 10/23/19 3:32 pm, Alexey Ivanov wrote:
>> I'm confused now. Why would we exclude 32-bit Windows? It is the only
>> platform where the original bug could be reproduced and where OOME or
>> NPE is thrown in the test. With 64-bit platforms, it's nearly
>> impossible to exhaust native memory to the state where OOME or NPE is
>> thrown. It's the reason why the unmodified test takes too long on
>> 64-bit Windows.
>
> I though the comment below was about the current bug:
>> In fact, I reproduced the bug only on Windows and only on 32 bit
> If it is slow on win x64 only, then it really looks like a product bug.
> It should not be much different from the lin/mac x64, 3-4 min vs 30-40
> min...

I wasn't clear enough when referring to different bugs.

I have submitted
to investigate slow performance of ICMColorDataTest which could indicate
a product bug.

What about this patch?
By reducing the number of iterations, the time to complete the test on
64-bit Windows is decreased from about 30 minutes to about 5 minutes.

--
Regards,
Alexey