[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR : 8200281: Add missing @Override annotations in ImageIO plugins

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Thu Jul 23 17:06:51 UTC 2020

On 7/23/20, 5:20 AM, Kumar Abhishek wrote:

> Hello, Please review this small change for JDK-16 .
>
> This is a clean up task to verify and add missing annotations in ImageIO plugins

They are missing in part because most of these classes were added in 1.4 and
annotations were introduced in 1.5. So I am not sure how much
retrofitting we
should do along these lines. If applied widely it could just make
backports painful
when patches will not apply.

      /** Overrides the method defined in the superclass. */
+    @Override

The comment is now superflous so I suggest to remove it in the couple of
places it is present.

-phil.