[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8240654 : ZGC can cause severe UI application repaint issues

Jayathirth D v JAYATHIRTH.D.V at ORACLE.COM
Thu Jun 11 08:57:11 UTC 2020

Hi Phil,

I tried tested the fix in my Windows 10 machine with Intel integrated UHD Graphics 620.

LargeWindowPaintTest.java passes with/without fix in my machine.
AlphaPrintTest.java without fix just opens up blank frame without any instructions and with fix it shows instructions for the test.
Is this expected behaviour?

AlphaPrintTest.java with fix when it shows instructions if I click on Pass(Since I don’t have printer right now) it doesn’t pass/close the window. Only after I click on Print button and then close print dialog it allows me to click on Pass button.

Also how does these tests behave in our internal CI machines?

Thanks,
Jay