[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8247872: Upgrade HarfBuzz to the latest 2.7.2

Magnus Ihse Bursie ihse at openjdk.java.net
Mon Nov 2 12:35:56 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 04:19:57 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This upgrades JDK to import the current 2.7.2 version of harfbuzz - an OpenType text shaping library

> This has passed building and headless and headful automated tests on all platforms.

Build changes look good.

I'm just a bit curious about the added, empty, `src/java.desktop/share/native/libharfbuzz/abc.txt`...

If it really is in upstream source, I'm not saying you should remove it. It just looks very odd. It's not a merge artifact?

(I could not even add review comments to an empty file in github!  ��)