[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8171303 sun/java2d/pipe/InterpolationQualityTest.java fails on Windows & Linux

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Wed Sep 2 05:16:56 UTC 2020

On 01.09.2020 03:42, Ajit Ghaisas wrote:

>> In the HiDPI mode the VolatileImage internally have twice more pixels than BufferedImage, so when we draw the data to
>> the VolatileImage and then scale it back to the size of the BufferedImage for comparison, the test fails.
>
> This looks good. I checked with OGL and Metal (project Lanai) on macOS.
>
> One question is - do we need to support this test in HiDPI mode?

The difference between HiDPI and non-HiDPI mode is that  VolatileImage has more
pixels and every draw operation use scaled blits. The test in question scales
the graphics ourselves. To eliminate the "sun.java2d.uiScale=1" we will need to
apply the scale to the BufferedImage size, then we should skip the usage of
"getSnapshot", and then we will need to scale all rendering to the
BufferedImage(simulating the HiDPI in VolatileImage), but in the end, the same
scaled blit will be tested.

--
Best regards, Sergey.