[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8262751: RenderPipelineState assertion error in J2DDemo

Jayathirth D V jdv at openjdk.java.net
Wed Aug 25 05:47:27 UTC 2021

On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 19:30:35 GMT, Alexey Ushakov <avu at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Provide correct pipeline state for MTLPaint after reset

src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/java2d/metal/MTLPaints.m line 971:

> 969:         [encoder setRenderPipelineState:pipelineState];
> 970:     } else {
> 971:       // Fallback to valid pipeline state

We should not call it a valid pipeline state. It is more of standard pipeline state with color 0 which we are using  after reset.

We are hitting default MTLPaint without any texture(which seems to be the main root cause for this issue- state management problem) and we end up not setting any pipeline state. Please reword this comment.