[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8253795: Implementation of JEP 391: macOS/AArch64 Port [v28]
akozlov at openjdk.java.net
Mon Mar 15 18:23:35 UTC 2021
> Please review the implementation of JEP 391: macOS/AArch64 Port.
> It's heavily based on existing ports to linux/aarch64, macos/x86_64, and windows/aarch64.
> Major changes are in:
> * src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64: support of the new calling convention (subtasks JDK-8253817, JDK-8253818)
> * src/hotspot/os_cpu/bsd_aarch64: copy of os_cpu/linux_aarch64 with necessary adjustments (JDK-8253819)
> * src/hotspot/share, test/hotspot/gtest: support of write-xor-execute (W^X), required on macOS/AArch64 platform. It's implemented with pthread_jit_write_protect_np provided by Apple. The W^X mode is local to a thread, so W^X mode change relates to the java thread state change (for java threads). In most cases, JVM executes in write-only mode, except when calling a generated stub like SafeFetch, which requires a temporary switch to execute-only mode. The same execute-only mode is enabled when a java thread executes in java or native states. This approach of managing W^X mode turned out to be simple and efficient enough.
> * src/jdk.hotspot.agent: serviceability agent implementation (JDK-8254941)
Anton Kozlov has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 114 commits:
- JDK-8262491: bsd_aarch64 part
- JDK-8263002: bsd_aarch64 part
- Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/jdk/master' into jdk-macos
- Wider #ifdef block
- Fix most of issues in java/foreign/ tests
Failures related to va_args are tracked in JDK-8263512.
- Add Azul copyright
- Update Oracle copyright years
- Use Thread::current_or_null_safe in SafeFetch
- 8262903: [macos_aarch64] Thread::current() called on detached thread
- Merge commit 'refs/pull/11/head' of https://github.com/AntonKozlov/jdk into jdk-macos
- ... and 104 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/d825198e...806fc618
Stats: 2949 lines in 75 files changed: 2839 ins; 27 del; 83 mod
Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/2200/head:pull/2200
More information about the 2d-dev