[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8263583: Emoji rendering on macOS

Dmitry Batrak dbatrak at openjdk.java.net
Wed Mar 17 10:47:47 UTC 2021

@mrserb I don't know how to check automatically that glyph painting works correctly. Could you please suggest a way to do it? In JetBrains Runtime we have a test that checks that rendered emoji glyph matches one of stored 'golden images', but I don't think that's suitable for OpenJDK, unless someone will volunteer to update that list when the need arises (e.g. when newer version of macOS changes the font, or rendering details). At the moment, we have already 7 golden images for a single glyph in our repository.