[OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR: 8253795: Implementation of JEP 391: macOS/AArch64 Port [v29]

Anton Kozlov akozlov at openjdk.java.net
Tue Mar 23 13:28:52 UTC 2021

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 12:49:34 GMT, Magnus Ihse Bursie <ihse at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Anton Kozlov has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 115 commits:
>>
>>  - Merge branch 'master' into jdk-macos
>>  - JDK-8262491: bsd_aarch64 part
>>  - JDK-8263002: bsd_aarch64 part
>>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/jdk/master' into jdk-macos
>>  - Wider #ifdef block
>>  - Fix most of issues in java/foreign/ tests
>>
>>    Failures related to va_args are tracked in JDK-8263512.
>>  - Add Azul copyright
>>  - Update Oracle copyright years
>>  - Use Thread::current_or_null_safe in SafeFetch
>>  - 8262903: [macos_aarch64] Thread::current() called on detached thread
>>  - ... and 105 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/a9d2267f...5add9269
>
> Build changes still look good. Hope you can get this done now! :)

> > No, no, no! I am not suggesting you change anything else, just that
> > you do not define contentless macros. You might as well define it
> > to be something, and true is a reasonable default, that's all. It's
> > not terribly important, it's just good practice.
>
> I'm quite prepared to drop this if it's holding up the port. It's a style thing, but it's not critical.

Sorry, I missed your reply.

R18_RESERVED is also defined in https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/make/hotspot/gensrc/GensrcAdlc.gmk#L96. I think changing the value here and there would be slightly out of the scope of this PR, so I would prefer to avoid the suggested change.

The biggest argument from my side is that the current macro value is consistent with the rest of the macros in this file. For example https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/8c1ab38ee20ed61fefbb64b6a9ee605c52d2cb4e/src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64/globalDefinitions_aarch64.hpp#L35
and https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/b7b391b2ac4208eabdee4e93acd5b0e364953f94/src/hotspot/share/runtime/mutexLocker.cpp#L137

But https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/8c1ab38ee20ed61fefbb64b6a9ee605c52d2cb4e/src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64/globalDefinitions_aarch64.hpp#L59
and
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/b23228d152ff8fa27bd32d9ef1307bf315039dea/src/hotspot/share/runtime/arguments.cpp#L1540