[aarch64-port-dev ] RFR(XS): 8230552: Provide information when hitting a HaltNode for architectures other than x86

Liu, Xin xxinliu at amazon.com
Thu Apr 30 06:35:54 UTC 2020

On 4/29/20, 11:06 PM, "Pengfei Li" <Pengfei.Li at arm.com> wrote:

    Hi Xin,

    > I tested on aarch64.  It generates the same crash report as x86_64 when it
    > does hit HaltNode.  Halt reason is displayed. I paste report on the JBS.
    > I ran hotspot:tier1 on aarch64 fastdebug build.  It passed except for 3
    > relevant failures[1].

    (NOT a reviewer) The original instruction used should be dcps1 instead of dpcs1 - there's a misspelling in AArch64 assembler. Could you add a trivial fix to change dpcs1/2/3 to dcps1/2/3?

Oh, I don't know that. I did search dpcs and found nothing.
I've filed a new issue about the typo thing:  JDK-8244170. Let's resolve it in separated issue.

    BTW, how did you test to hit the HaltNode?
    --
    Thanks,
    Pengfei

I followed Christian and Volkers' recipe on JDK-8230552. Both of them can generate HaltNode.
Volker's approach is very interesting. You have to give program a couple of "-XX:SuppressErrorAt=" to increase tolerance.

Thanks,
--lx