Producing community binaries for OpenJDK

Martijn Verburg martijnverburg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 19:35:41 UTC 2017

In terms of overall progress we now have builds running on several
platforms: Linux x64, zLinux, PPC Linux, Windows, MacOS X and hopefully
soon Solaris.

We'd like to get the jtreg testsuite with jcov working before showing this
to a wider audience (we think that minimum level of test coverage is
important).  A personal next step goal for me would then be to integrate
the other various OpenJDK build efforts that are out there today (IcedTea,
David Lloyd's Git clones of forests, Henri Gomez's work and many more).

All of the work is happening on GitHub (http://www.github.com/adoptopenjdk)
- feel free to ask any questions here, or submit issues over there :-).

Cheers,
Martijn