deduplicating lambda methods

B. Blaser bsrbnd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:17:17 UTC 2018

Hi Liam,

On 18 March 2018 at 03:04, Liam Miller-Cushon <cushon at google.com> wrote:

[...]

> The updates to hashing are here:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~cushon/lambdadedup/webrev.03/

Still looking at the stats [1], we see that the highest duplication
frequency of more than 10e3 appears on *cross-file* lambdas but falls
to 10e2 on *intra-file* lambdas and your patch suggest an
*intra-class* de-duplication with an even lower frequency (note also
that the JIT profile issue [2] is still unaddressed)...

So, I'm wondering if a set of well defined JIT compliant global shapes
(somewhere in 'java.base') would be more efficient in term of class
size reduction and performance?

Bernard

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1abAR_bueU0Zxy4e9XfLVzVe2nwy_POQm/view?usp=sharing
[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/amber-dev/2018-March/002745.html