Safe navigation operator

Jeyvison Nascimento jeynoronha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:29:29 UTC 2019

Hi Remi,

it's true that we shouldn't return null in our methods but, in practical, I
don't see it happening a lot. We can handle it and make our code behave
nicely when we are developing something but we can't do the same when we
are working with legacy/third-party code. When working with this kind of
code, we still have to do all the null checking process (what can be a lot
of if's) or use Optional.<Anything>.

"null" can also be something meaningful to the app creator and, although it
might not be best practice, we would be enforcing the perspective that
"null" shouldn't be propagated.

Shouldn't it be something that we should consider again?

--
Jeyvison Nascimento