Is case var(var x, var y) a valid syntax ?

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Mon Sep 7 13:23:38 UTC 2020

No.   Definitely not.

I don’t even know what you would propose that to mean!  I have a guess, but I’m order for that guess to even make sense, it would assume a model for how patterns are declared that is very different from what we have now.

There are about a zillion places where you can use types and can’t use var: array elements, import statement, type parameters, etc.  this is just one of those.

Sent from my iPad