[switch] Further unification on switch

Gavin Bierman gavin.bierman at oracle.com
Fri Apr 20 09:25:10 UTC 2018

> On 19 Apr 2018, at 23:13, John Rose <john.r.rose at oracle.com> wrote:
>

> I anticipate "switching" to arrows as the preferred format for all of my
> switches, except for the small minority which for some odd reason
> need the very special expressiveness that comes from fallthrough.

That’s what we always expected for switch expressions, but in this new unified world, you get the all--> form for switch statements too! The neat thing, if I may say so, is that this proposal layers the all—> form on top of the all-: form, so its really all about enhancement as opposed to a new construct.

Writing revised spec as we speak - be ready!

Gavin