<AWT Dev> One or many GraphicsConfiguration(s) per toplevel?

Roman Kennke roman.kennke at aicas.com
Wed Jan 21 07:17:20 PST 2009

Hi Anthony,

> While working on the fix for 6783411 to enable re-parenting heavyweight
> components between toplevel windows, I found the Component.checkGD()
> method which verifies equality of GraphicsDevice's (by the way, a minor
> question: is it correct to check the equality of the GD (or GC) objects
> themselves rather than using their StringID's?). There's also an
> implementation of this method in the Container class that recursively
> calls this method for every child of the container.
>
> The question is: is it really possible for one toplevel to contain
> components having different GraphicsDevice's (and/or different
> GraphicsConfiguration's)?

Not sure, but in Xinerama-mode, when half of a window is on one screen
and the other half on the other, I guess there could be components
inside that have different GDs.

/Roman

--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Roman Kennke, Software Engineer, http://kennke.org
aicas Allerton Interworks Computer Automated Systems GmbH