<AWT Dev> RFE : New explore function in desktop class

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 02:51:45 PDT 2010

I think the official repository you're meant to fclone for Java 7 AWT
patches is http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/awt/

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/jdk is the official Java 7
repository, which is probably older than the AWT repository, and it's
only the jdk subtree, but you need all of the subtrees to compile Java
7. Also install the forest extension to Mercurial
(http://openjdk.java.net/guide/repositories.html#installConfig) and
use fclone, not clone.

Also you can use JDK6 to bootstrap JDK7.

If you need to test your patch on Windows (probably do), see
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/build-dev/2009-December/002641.html
in addition to the official documentation.

Good luck
Damjan