<AWT Dev> hg: jdk7/awt/jdk: 6949936: Provide API for running nested events loops, similar to what modal dialogs do

Artem Ananiev Artem.Ananiev at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 26 07:29:18 PDT 2010

On 8/24/2010 2:36 PM, Rémi Forax wrote:

> I also wonder if the return value of exit is useful.
> exit can be called before enter() due to a race between enter() and exit(),
> why a developer should care about that.

I missed this paragraph when reading your email yesterday. I think you
meant the race in the application code, when a worker thread is done
(and exit() is called) before the loop is started with an enter() call.
It doesn't look like a bug in SecondaryLoop, but at the same time I
don't see any easy way to resolve this problem in user code. That's why
I've filed a new bug:

6980209: Make tracking SecondaryLoop.enter/exit methods easier

> cheers,
> Rémi

Thanks,

Artem