<AWT Dev> Reviewer needed - fix for regression test java/awt/Insets/WindowWithWarningTest/WindowWithWarningTest

Dr Andrew John Hughes ahughes at redhat.com
Mon Dec 13 08:38:42 PST 2010

On 16:15 Fri 03 Dec     , Anthony Petrov wrote:
> On 12/3/2010 3:49 PM, Dr Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> >> OK, then the test really needs some change, and the proposed fix looks
> >> good to me.
> >>
> >> PS. Although if the enhanced security warning is backported to OpenJDK6,
> >> the test and the fix seem useless. And it's already useless in JDK7.
> >>

> > Ok, well as both you and Joe
> > (http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk6-dev/2010-December/002143.html)
> > have said that the warning fix is ok to backport, I'll post a webrev
> > for this either today or early next week.
> >
> > Then we can just remove the test from both 6&  7.
>
> Sounds like a plan. Thank you.
>
> --
> best regards,
> Anthony

There's a lot of dependencies to get this in, including
6725214: D3D: forward-port the new pipeline from 6u10 which we
already agreed to delay to b22.  I've started work on doing the
backports for IcedTea6 (which already has 6725214) and we'll
test it there before pushing to OpenJDK6.

As 7 already has the fixes, we can simply remove the test
there (and then later include the changeset in the backports).
The following webrev does just that:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~andrew/awt_warning_test/webrev.01/

Can I have a bug ID to push this please?

Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and IcedTea
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://icedtea.classpath.org
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8