<AWT Dev> Question about GtkLnF implementation

Damjan Jovanovic damjan.jov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:28:13 PST 2010

Hi Anthony, Clemens, others

There's an interesting comment, quoted below, in the evaluation of
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6286734

---BEGIN QUOTE---
I have an idea of impoving overall GTK LAF performance by implementing
own gdk backend which would draw gtk widgets directly to
X11SurfaceData backing buffer.
It improves GTK LAF performance dramatically especially on remote
hosts (up to 20 times).
Together with some minor changes it would be a better solution for this "bug"
Uncommit it from Mustang becasue I'm getting late with this feature.
Posted Date : 2006-03-27 13:03:58.0
---END QUOTE---

Who wrote this (I suspect Kirill Kirichenko for some reason) and is
this code still around? It would really help to see it.

Thank you
Damjan